MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
DURATION OF STUDY
Two (2) Academic Years
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
The objectives of this programme shall be to:
- To provide highly qualified career Chemists
- To train students in the current trends in Chemistry
- To prepare MSc. Chemistry students for doctoral studies
- To attract well qualified students and provide intellectual challenge in a structure containing appropriate amount of flexibility
- To equip students with a range of skills, including problem solving, project work and presentation, to enable them to take prominent roles in a wide spectrum of employment and research
GOAL OF THE PROGRAMME
- To maintain an educational program consistent with the latest technological development in Chemistry and to prepare individuals for successful careers in teaching, research and innovation in fields such as medicine, engineering and technology to respond to the changing demands in research.
- To train chemists who will demonstrate expertise (breadth and depth) in Chemistry
- To contribute towards the development of standard working procedures and systematic approach in problem analysis, modelling and implementation of solutions at the workplace.
PHILOSOPHY OF THE PROGRAMME
To enhance innovation, creativity and professionalism in Chemistry