MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
One must have:
- Must have passed KCSE at a minimum average grade of C+ and at least C+ in English. In addition, the candidate must have passed Mathematics at KCSE with a minimum grade of C+, OR
- Have a minimum of 2 principal passes, including Mathematics, at Advanced Level/ KACE (Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education), OR
- Have a Diploma in Mathematics and Economics from an institution recognized by the University senate.
DURATION OF STUDY
Four (4) Academic Years
PHILOSOPHY OF THE PROGRAMME
- To nurture and build students and staff professionally towards educational development of the people of Kenya especially towards the national vision of an industrialized nation by the year 2030 and beyond.
- To offer a blended approach in the field of Mathematics and economics key to research in the development of new areas of growth to spiral Kenya into the first world realm.
- To offer entrepreneurial training to enable creation of job opportunities.
COMMON CAREERS FOR GRADUATES ARE:
- Institutions of higher learning and Research institution
- Government organizations such as KNBS
- Investment firms
- Data scientists and analyst