MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENT
One must have:
- Passed KCSE at a minimum average grade of C+ and at least C+ in English. In addition, the candidate must have passed Mathematics at KCSE with a minimum grade of C+ and C plain in Chemistry, Biology and/or physics subjects, OR
- A minimum of 2 principal passes, including Mathematics, at Advanced Level/ KACE (Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education), OR
- A diploma in relevant disciplines from an institution of higher learning recognized by the University Senate, OR
- An equivalent qualification recognized by the university Senate as equivalent to (1) to (3) above.
DURATION OF STUDY
Four (4) Academic Years
GOALS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Apply theoretical understanding, professional judgment and skills in mitigation of statistical problems;
- Apply theoretical understanding, professional judgment and skills in Data collection, analysis and interpretations.
- Formulate and implement solutions to problems of sustainable development, through the use of analytical skill and theoretical knowledge.
- Make meaningful contributions to improving legal and administrative structures and processes relevant to sustainable development and environmental management
PHILOSOPHY OF THE PROGRAMME
- To nurture and build students and staff professionally for purposes of achieving educational development of the people and the National vision of an industrialized nation by the year 2030 and beyond in safe environment.
- To offer a holistic approach in the field of Mathematics and Computer science.
COMMON CAREERS FOR GRADUATES ARE:
- Institutions of higher learning
- Government organizations such as KNBS,
- Investment firms
- Research institution