MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
One must have:
- Passed KCSE at a minimum average grade of C+ and at least C in English. In addition, the candidate must have passed Mathematics at KCSE with a minimum grade of C+,OR
- A minimum of 2 principal passes, including Mathematics, at Advanced Level/ KACE (Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education),OR
- A diploma with at least a credit pass in relevant subjects from an Institution recognized by the University Senate.
DURATION OF STUDY
Four (4) Academic Years
GOAL OF THE PROGRAMME
To provide students with a broad theoretical knowledge and strong practical application skills so that they can meet the competitive requirements of the job market in Applied Statistics with Programming and also be well prepared to pursue higher studies in this fast-developing field.
PHILOSOPHY OF THE PROGRAMME
- To nurture and build students and staff professionally towards educational development of the people of Kenya especially towards the national vision of an industrialized nation by the year 2030 and beyond.
- To offer a holistic approach in the field of Applied Statistics to the needy Kenyans.
COMMON CAREERS FOR GRADUATES ARE:
- Institutions of higher learning
- Government organizations such as KNBS,
- Finance, Insurance and Banking
- Scientific Research